Ben woke up this morning with the words, "I feel old..." I don't know if that was a reaction to the thought that we were about to wrangle seven Sunbeams in church or if his 29th birthday today brought about some new gray hairs or aches and pains... either way it was humorous! He had a fun low-key birthday: church, followed by lasagna with a few family members, plenty of dessert, and ending with a football game and a good helping of X-Box...the perfect Ben day!
Actually we couldn't have asked for a better holiday week either. Thanksgiving brought a lot of great Love family traditions: fried turkey, games, and a ton of ammunition. Every year Ben has tried to convince me that frying a turkey is much better than the traditional oven variety. There is something about dipping a bird in a huge pot of boiling oil outside in the cold that has never sat right with me, until I tried it... I am a believer, Hallelujah! Rusty (brother-in-law) made the most moist, succulent turkey I may have ever had, family members brought various delectable sides and desserts; needless to say... great company, great food! Games have always been a Love family staple; nothing like a competitive edge to keep a family close. On Saturday was the highlight for Ben, target practice. Ben inherited a few guns including a Russian AK-47 from his dad a year ago and has been dying to try it out since we arrived in Tennessee. I would think that with the amount of sibling rivalries or family spats in most families that guns and sharp objects would be kept at a distance, but nothing brings more smiles than boxes of ammo and a shooting range for the Loves.
Lastly, icing on the cake for Ben happened when UT stopped Kentucky in the 4th overtime to solidify Tennessee's place in the SEC championship game this Saturday against LSU...hence the new backdrop. GO UT!
That about catches you up, hope your Thanksgiving was as good as ours!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the new header pic!! Geaux tigers!!
Glad to hear you had a good birthday Ben! I love the caption on the picture below by the way!
Post a Comment